Black Pepper Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
FOR THE SKEWERS
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
FOR THE BLACK PEPPER TERIYAKI SAUCE
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, course-ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat grill over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Slide chicken, peppers and onions onto skewers, alternating items as you go.
In a small saucepan, combine all Black Pepper Teriyaki Sauce ingredients, whisk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens.
Hot TipIt should take 4-5 minutes for sauce to thicken.
Place skewers on grill and baste with Black Pepper Teriyaki Sauce. Cook until chicken's internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Serve with remaining Black Pepper Teriyaki Sauce.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.