Grilled Salmon Burgers With Thai Sauce
For the Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt and black peppers to taste
- 4 pineapple slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 4 burger buns
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro
For the Thai Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Preheat your grill to 450°F.
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine sesame oil, garlic, ketchup, ginger and hot pepper flakes. Cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
Whisk in sugar, rice vinegar and soy sauce.
Combine cornstarch and water; then add to the mix. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until desired thickness. Set aside.
In a food processor, pulse salmon, breadcrumbs, green onions, dill, egg and lemon zest to a coarse ground texture. Form the salmon mixture into 4 equal-sized patties. Season with salt and pepper.
Place burgers and pineapple slices on the grill. Cook burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 135°F using an instant-read thermometer , about 4 minutes per side. Grill pineapple slices for 2 to 3 minutes per side and the buns for 15 seconds.
Assemble each burger on grilled buns with Thai sauce, arugula, salmon patty, a pineapple slice, red onions, cucumbers and cilantro.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.