Philly Ribeye Cheese Steak Sandwich
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet vidalia onions, sliced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-12 ounces chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
FOR THE SANDWICH
- 2 pounds ribeye steak, trimmed and sliced razor thin
- 2 cups finely grated provolone cheese
- 8 soft hoagie rolls, sliced open
Preheat one side of your grill to 450°F.
In heavy bottom pan over medium-high indirect heat, bring 2 tablespoons of oil to gentle simmer.
Hot TipHeavy-bottom pans heat foods evenly and gently. Copper-bottom, cast-iron, enameled cast-iron, anodized aluminum and clad aluminum are all good choices for heavy-bottom pans.
Carefully drop in the onion and garlic. Then close the lid and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
Add mushrooms and peppers. Then cook for an additional 7-10 minutes with the grill lid closed, or until the peppers are just tender
Remove from heat. Fold in butter and parsley. Season to taste. Cover and set aside.
Meanwhile, in another heavy-bottom pan over indirect heat, bring 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a gentle simmer. Then add the sliced steak and sear for 2 minutes per side with the grill lid closed.
Add provolone cheese and cook until the cheese melts.
Lightly butter and toast hoagie rolls over direct heat.
Load rolls with steak and melted cheese. Then add onions, peppers and mushrooms.
Season to taste, plate with chips and serve.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.